We have the Legend Mark Streed from Board Game corner on the podcast to talk bout thematic experience games!
What we have been playing!?
- (Mark) Mansions of Madness, Inis, Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu, and many more.
- (Roy, Mat, & Rob) Battlestar Galactica
Topic: Games that create a thematic experience!
- What are a few games that create a thematic experience?
- Pandemic Legacy
- Mansions of Madness
- Star Trek Ascendancy
- Star Trek Panic
- Xia: Legends of a Drift System
- Tales of Arabian Nights
- Dead of Winter
- What part of a game really enhances the theme for you?
- Reading sections to define theme
- Is there anything that ruins the theme or experience for you with some games?
- Crazy game mechanics
- Is there anything you do for your games to enhance the experience? (Painting? Playing Music? Upgrading components?)
- What is the best experience you've ever had board gaming?
- (Rob) Lion Bear Squid alliance, Dead of Winter betrayal
- (Mark) Messing with Ignacy Trzewiczek live at BGGcon
- (Roy) Public execution in TI3
- (Matt) Playing Secret Hitler and making Emerson Matsuuchi yell
- Mark can you tell us about the new board game corner awards program?
- Cornerstone Collection: Games you must own
- Corner Certified: Gaming Excellence in all things
- Are there any notable games that have gotten the award?
- Element - Rather Dashing Games
- Zombicide Black Plague - Cool Mini or Not
- XIA: Legends of a Drift System - Far Off Games
- Star Trek Panic - Fireside Games and USAopoly
Follow Mark Streed
Follow Epic Gaming Night