We talk to Cody & Ira all about Xia: Embers of a Forsaken Star.
- What is Xia?
- A sandbox style space adventure.
- Tell us about the expansion embers of a forsaken in star!
- Adds tons of new content including:
Economy Board to balance shorter trade routes
New ships to buy
New Modules and ship parts
Single Player Mode
New hazards and tiles
Events that affect the game board as well as the players
- What concepts did you have for this expansion? Lore and story?
- Xia collides with another system (Nyr) and the remnants of that system are now intertwined with one another.
- What are some of the main things the expansion done to help with gameplay and balance?
- The Economy Board
- 1,000 extra starting credits
- Exploration tokens changed to be more balanced
- Tried to make the game play faster
- Balanced a couple of tier 3 ships
- Tweak some rules surrounding missions
- Very small general rules tweaks
- Ira can you tell us about the solo game play and how that works?
- Solo game functions as a regular game of Xia just without anyone else.
- The campaign mode uses missions that have to be completed. So each game you play you need complete one of the missions. As you win or lose you progress onward in order to win the game.
- Solo gaming seems to be on the rise! (The solo guild on BGG is the 3ed biggest guild?) is that what made you team up to bring it to Xia?
- Ira wanted a way in to help work on the game!
- What are some of the struggles that come when developing an expansion for an already existing game?
- Trying to add things without changing the core feel of the game.
- Trying not to add too many thing so that newer players don’t feel overwhelmed with too many rules.
- How did it feel to fund in a hour and a half!?
- Awesome and crazy and such a relief.
- Is there anything else you would like to talk about or promote?
- @Faroffgames on twitter
- CHECK OUT THE KICKSTARTER!!!
Follow Epic Gaming Night
- @EpicGamingNight on Twitter and Instagram
- Glow in the dark tshirts!!! Analoggamer.com/Epicgamingnight
- Follow,like,subscribe, iTunes reviews! Facebook!!